So here's what I'm going to do. I'm going to reboot the whole site.
This has been done. I'm listening to the first album as we speak, this is happening.
Barring Illness or injury, starting April the 20th and for 20 weeks thereafter, I will be listening to and giving a full review of the Top Twenty Biggest Selling Albums in the World.
The list is obtained from Wikipedia, so given about as reliable as Wikipedia is, it's accurate at the time of posting.
The full list, barring soundtracks, compilations and live albums is as follows.
- Thriller - Michael Jackson
- ACDC - Back In Black
- Pink Floyd - Dark Side of the Moon
- Bat Out of Hell - Meat Loaf
- Rumours - Fleetwood Mac
- Come On Over - Shania Twain
- Led Zeppelin IV - Led Zeppelin
- Bad - Michael Jackson
- Jagged Little Pill - Alanis Morisette
- Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band - The Beatles
- Falling Into You - Celine Dion
- Hotel California - Eagles
- Music Box - Mariah Carey
- Let's Talk About Love - Celine Dion
- Abbey Road - The Beatles
- ....baby one more time - Britney Spears
- Born in the USA - Bruce Springsteen
- Brothers in Arms - Dire Straits
- Appetite for Destruction - Guns N' Roses
- En A Gadda Da Vida - Iron Butterfly
To prove how serious I am about this... Metallica's Black Album is the 21st best selling album of all time according to this list, and I would gladly trade one of the Celine Dion albums to cover that one.
I will see you back here on the 20th. When I start reviewing them in reverse order, beginning with En A Gadda Da Vida, and working my way up to Thriller.
Wish me luck.