Friday 5 April 2013

New Mission Statement

I have picked up and dropped posting on this blog too much over the last two years this is getting out of hand.

So here's what I'm going to do. I'm going to reboot the whole site.

Two weeks from now there will only be this post left, all the others are going and I'm starting fresh.
This has been done. I'm listening to the first album as we speak, this is happening.

Barring Illness or injury, starting April the 20th and for 20 weeks thereafter, I will be listening to and giving a full review of the Top Twenty Biggest Selling Albums in the World.

The list is obtained from Wikipedia, so given about as reliable as Wikipedia is, it's accurate at the time of posting.

The full list, barring soundtracks, compilations and live albums is as follows.

  1. Thriller - Michael Jackson
  2. ACDC - Back In Black
  3. Pink Floyd - Dark Side of the Moon
  4. Bat Out of Hell - Meat Loaf
  5. Rumours - Fleetwood Mac
  6. Come On Over - Shania Twain
  7. Led Zeppelin IV - Led Zeppelin
  8. Bad - Michael Jackson
  9. Jagged Little Pill - Alanis Morisette
  10. Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band - The Beatles
  11. Falling Into You - Celine Dion
  12. Hotel California - Eagles
  13. Music Box - Mariah Carey
  14. Let's Talk About Love - Celine Dion
  15. Abbey Road - The Beatles
  16. ....baby one more time - Britney Spears
  17. Born in the USA - Bruce Springsteen
  18. Brothers in Arms - Dire Straits
  19. Appetite for Destruction - Guns N' Roses
  20. En A Gadda Da Vida - Iron Butterfly
I will be giving EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THESE ALBUMS A FAIR SHAKE, BAIS NOT-WITHSTANDING.

To prove how serious I am about this... Metallica's Black Album is the 21st best selling album of all time according to this list, and I would gladly trade one of the Celine Dion albums to cover that one.

I will see you back here on the 20th. When I start reviewing them in reverse order, beginning with En A Gadda Da Vida, and working my way up to Thriller.

Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment